Postdoctoral Fellow in Economics and Financing of Education
The Higher School of Economics Center for Financial and Economic Decisions in Education in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Economics and Financing of Education.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics of Education, Financing of Education or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in economics of education, econometrics, data analysis, ability to work in team, conduct research and work in educational programs
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of professor Kirill Zinkovsky;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Center for Financial and Economic Decisions in Education research projects;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the center;
- participation in the events of the Lab/Centre/Department and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.