The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program supports exceptional early-career researchers with funding, mentorship, a global network, and professional skills development.
Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem. CIFAR helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in our research programs for a truly enriching experience.
Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research. Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2020, the CIFAR research programs eligible to accept applications are:
- Child & Brain Development
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
Detailed Program Overview for full eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.