Communications Trainee Paid Internship
Do you live and breathe Communications? Are you clever at video making, well-versed in WordPress, with strong design skills? Would you like to do your internship with us?
Fire Safe Europe is the European association for fire safety in buildings, focused on ensuring that people and communities across Europe are safe from fire in every building they spend time in.
Do you want to help us spread our message through captivating social media, videos and other written online content? We are looking for a motivated and proactive intern to join our team in Brussels for 6 to 12 months, starting on 7 January 2020 or later – eager to learn, grow and support us in our efforts to make the EU fire safe.
What will you do during this internship? These will be your main tasks:
- Assistance in the production of Fire Safe Europe’s communications materials:
- Writing and editing easy-to-read and engaging texts
- Publishing articles and other content on our website and other platforms
- Support our Communications Officer to spread our message
- Graphic design of images and videos for our online content
- Filming and editing short films, using movie editing programmes
- Assistance in projects, events and community management:
- Lead generation and building a strong database for social media purposes
- Community management support: engaging with others on social media
- Research and preparation of background notes, briefings and monitoring
- Collaborate in the preparation of high-level policy events and webinars
- Participate in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and draft related reports and articles
Who are we looking for? These are the criteria of our ideal intern:
- Above all, you have the ability to perform the above-mentioned tasks
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (C1 or higher), AND a good level of French (B2 or higher)
- Degree in journalism, Communications, Political Science, EU Affairs or similar
- Strong computer skills (Mac & MS Office), familiar with WordPress websites
- Experience in graphic design & movie editing programmes (InDesign, filmora)
- Strong communication skills: able to express yourself clearly and concisely
- Experience with social media
- You have a great eye for detail, a bit of patience and a desire to learn and grow
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.