Perimeter Scholars International Master's Program
Taught by some of the world's most brilliant physicists, students at PSI are fully integrated into the unique international culture and dynamic research atmosphere of a leading centre, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, while earning a Master of Science from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.
PSI is a different kind of physics master's training program aimed at ambitious and driven young minds who want to be at the cutting edge of science and discovery.
PSI could be the perfect fit for you if:
- You know you want to pursue theoretical physics, but have not yet committed to a sub-field such as cosmology, particle physics, or quantum information. The PSI program will expose you to the full breadth of theoretical physics in courses allowing you to discover your area of interest.
- You want to continue your studies with a PhD, working under the guidance of a Perimeter Faculty member.
- You value collaboration over competition, and are interested in conducting research-driven coursework alongside some of the world's leading theoretical physicists.
- You want to immerse yourself in theoretical physics, push your limits, and experience a once-in-a-lifetime physics "boot camp" among like-minded peers from around the globe.
PSI consists of four phases of coursework and a short research project. The course will advance:
- Preparatory topics: mathematical tools, numerical methods and theoretical physics concepts relevant for the subsequent phases of courses
- Core Topics: foundational graduate-level subjects, including quantum theory, general relativity, quantum field theory, statistical physics, and condensed matter
- Review courses: modern topics from fields such as cosmology, particle physics, gravitational physics, string theory, quantum information and condensed matter.
- Explorations courses: cutting-edge research topics from various specialized fields.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.