Entrance Scholarship Program
The TFS Entrance Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for exceptional students entering Grade 7 or above to benefit from an enriched learning environment. All of our students graduate bilingual in English and French, and are accepted into their university of choice, in Canada and worldwide.
TFS will award scholarships to students who demonstrate high academic standing, involvement in their school and/or community, as well as financial need. Entrance Scholarships are renewable every year until graduation, if the student maintains an average of 80% and meets the conditions noted on the right side of this page.
Students do not need to speak French to apply for Grade 7 scholarships, but must be keenly interested in becoming bilingual. Students in Grade 8 and above must be fluent in French.
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 scholarships and encourage students who are seeking an exceptional education to apply. Applying is easy, and TFS will support you at every stage! If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact our Admissions Office.
Who should apply?
- Students who will be entering Grade 7 or above in September 2020 and who don’t currently attend TFS.
- Entrance scholars will be selected based on academic merit, involvement in their school and/or community, as well as financial need.
- Academic eligibility: candidates should be able to demonstrate a minimum A average in the past two academic years.
- Financial eligibility: We define financial need as a family’s inability to pay for even a portion of TFS’ tuition fees. The Entrance Scholarships are meant to provide an enriched learning opportunity to an exceptional student who would not otherwise have the resources to attend TFS.
- As financial need depends on the circumstances and composition of each family, no firm thresholds are set. However, families (including single parents and recent arrivals to Canada) are strongly encouraged to apply if their annual income is less than $80,000.
- Students currently in immersion or French schools are strongly urged to apply, as well as those in English-language schools (applying to Grade 7). Grade 7 entrance scholars who are not fluent in French will enter our special Intro program for the first year, which follows the regular curriculum but with a special focus on language acquisition. This is offered at our West Campus in Mississauga; busing may be available.
- Scholarships are intended for domestic applicants only, defined as students living in Canada at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the family to obtain any visa/permits necessary to live and study in Canada.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: