AUN/SEED-Net Collaborative Education Program (CEP)
Fully-Funded Doctoral Scholarships for Thailand-Japan Double-Degree PhD Program in Civil Engineering
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
AUN/SEED-Net conducts various academic activities with its aim that Southeast Asia and Japan are developed sustainably through the development of skilled human resources in engineering. The AUN/SEED-Net Collaborative Education Program (CEP) Scholarship has been developed from the collaboration between the following universities and companies:
- Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand
- Hokkaido University (HU), Japan
- Institute of Technology of Cambodia, Cambodia
- Thai Obayashi Corporation, Thailand
- Taiheyo Cement, Japan
The CEP scholarship program aims to bring about enhanced university-industry relations and research capacities of academic staff/engineers in ASEAN Member Countries through joint academic programs, academic exchanges and the publication of high-quality journal and conference papers.
WHAT DOES A CEP SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDE?
The CEP scholarships program provides scholarships for doctoral students to undertake SIIT and HU Double Degree (SIIT/HU DD) PhD program in Civil Engineering, where students will complete their study at SIIT (1.5 years) in Pathumthani, Thailand and HU in Sapporo, Japan (1.5 years). The students, upon satisfying joint graduation requirements of both institutions, will be awarded two PhD degree certificates, one by SIIT and the other by HU.
Each CEP scholarship will cover the tuition fee at SIIT and HU, relocation and travelling expenses, monthly living allowances and research support while conducting research in Thailand and Japan, and a conference travel support.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLICANT:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must, as a minimum:
- Have a nationality of an ASEAN country EXCEPT Thailand, Singapore, and Brunei
- Have a Master’s degree GPA of at least 3.50 out of 4.00
- Meet the following English proficiency test scores: TOEFL iBT Test:79; TOEFL PBT: 550; IELTS: 6.0; TOEIC L&R: 670 (Exemption is applicable to applicants who graduated or are expected to graduate from a full-time Master’s degree program where English is the medium of instruction)
- Have good health and good conduct
- Not be a recipient of any other type of doctoral scholarship
Documents required for CEP scholarship application
- A statement of purpose (At least one page of a statement of purpose)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
- A research proposal
- Official academic transcripts (both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree)
- Certificate of one of the following English proficiency tests: TOEFL iBT Test:79; TOEFL PBT: 550; IELTS: 6.0; TOEIC L&R: 670 or evidence of English language requirement exemption
- Two recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must come from academic advisor/instructor)
- Abstracts of Bachelor’s and Master’s thesis
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
- Research paper, publication or certificates (if any)
- Recent photograph (1 x 1.5 inches’ size as jpeg format)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.