MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIP FINANCED BY FUNDS OF THE BMWFW
The following conditions apply for merit-based scholarships in the 2018/2019 academic year:
1. MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS CAN BE OFFERED TO:
Officially enrolled students of the MUK with
• Austrian nationality or
• citizenship of an EU / EEA member state or
• foreigners and stateless persons of equivalent status as per § 3 Paragraph 1 in connection with § 4 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act (see Point 1 of the detailed information about the merit-based scholarship)
if they can prove outstanding study progress in accordance with Point 4 and fulfil the conditions below.
2. BENEFIT PERIOD AND APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications by students with exams between 01.10.2018 and 30.09.2019 should be made between 7 October 2019 and 18 October 2019 to the Student Affairs Office (Room 3.20, Johannesgasse 4a, A-1010 Vienna). The application must include all required documents (application form including enclosures and any evidence).
3. AMOUNT OF THE INDIVIDUAL MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIP
A merit-based scholarship should not be less than 750.00 EUR or more than 1,500 EUR (§ 61 Paragraph 1 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act)
• The grade point average of 2.0 (80-89%) must not be exceeded. (§ 60 Paragraph 2 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act)
• Study success for Bachelor’s degrees, at least 50 ECTS points (exception: BA Composition: min. 47 ECTS points) must have been produced and for a Master’s degree at least 40 ECTS points in the relevant time frame OR graduation with honours.
• For Bachelor’s degrees, it is necessary to complete at least four semesters of the degree for which the merit-based scholarship is being applied, while this is at least two semesters of the degree for a Master’s degree.
• NO merit-based scholarship must have been awarded by MUK before.
• Compliance with the entitlement period for the degree underlying the application (for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees: legal study period + 1 semester) as per § 18 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act. If the entitlement period is exceeded, evidence of any important reasons must be provided. These can include: Illness of the student, if this can be confirmed by a medical practitioner; pregnancy of the student and any unforeseen or unavoidable event, if the student is not at fault or only at fault for a lesser proportion of the oversight and similar (§19 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act).
5. EVIDENCE TO BE PROVIDED
• Confirmation of the completed academic achievements (transcript of records) for the 2018/19 academic period. All achievements from 01.10.2018 to 30.09.2019 are taken into account. Acknowledgements and assessments with “Successfully participated” are not taken into consideration!
• If academic achievements are produced within the entitlement period as part of an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus), the relevant certificates including conversion key for the marks of the other university must be enclosed.
• For honour graduates: Copy of the Bachelor’s or Master’s certificate (please note: graduation only within the period of 01.10.2018 to 30.09.2019)
• Copy of valid passport / ID card
• For third country nationals: Copy of the permanent EU residence card or a copy of the official notification in Austria (proof of legal residence).
The scholarship is awarded by the University Management according to the available funds. Scholarship allocations are ordered by the average grade of all achievements in the 2018/19 academic year. In the case of the same average grade, scholarships will be allocated according to the number of completed ECTS points. There exists no legal right to the allocation of a scholarship. Applicants will be notified immediately of the decision about merit-based scholarship allocations (§ 61 StudFG - Austrian Student Support Act).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: