Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship
Postdoctoral Research Leave Program Purpose
The primary purpose of the Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship is to increase the number of women in tenure-track faculty positions and to promote equity for women in higher education. This fellowship is designed to assist the candidate in obtaining tenure and further promotions by enabling her to spend a year pursuing independent research.
Award Amount: $30,000
November 1, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents
April 15, 2020
Notification of decision emailed to all applicants. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.
July 1, 2020–June 30, 2021
When a deadline or notification date falls on a weekend, the date will be observed on the following business day.
- American Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants). Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels, and task forces.
- American Fellowship candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- American Fellowships are open to women scholars in all fields of study.
- American Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship applicants must hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A at the time of application.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: