Flinders University :Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship (International)
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover.
Please note: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS is a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $27,596 (2019 rate),which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University's academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: