Gain new knowledge, expand networks, strengthen resolve, and stretch the limits of the possible.
Loeb Fellows are accomplished practitioners, influential in shaping the built and natural environment, whose work is advancing positive social outcomes in the US and around the world. In the middle of promising careers they step away from their hectic professional lives for one academic year. Fellows audit classes at the GSD and throughout the vast network of Harvard and MIT. They engage with faculty and students, participate in Fellowship events, and collaborate with their peers. They become part of a powerful growing network of colleagues passionately committed to revitalizing communities.
The Loeb Fellowship offers:
- Up to 10 fellowships per year, drawing applicants from across the US and the world.
- The time for learning and the intellectual resources to fortify practice and expand vision, all in the service of improving the future of the built and natural environment.
- The opportunity to audit classes, tuition free, throughout Harvard and MIT.
- A comfortable stipend and modest housing in Cambridge.
- A worldwide network of alumni colleagues and supporters.
The current stipend for the academic year is $52,500 and is considered taxable income. Health insurance and child care costs are not covered by the program.
There are no costs to Fellows for auditing regular classes at Harvard and MIT.
The Fellowship endeavors to provide housing for fellows and their families coming from outside the Boston area. The accommodations are modestly furnished and conveniently located close to the Graduate School of Design.
A travel grant issued during the fall semester covers approximately one economy class round trip home per semester. The travel grants are considered taxable income.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: