Weimar Awards are granted in the following categories:
The graduate awards are for scholars who have obtained above-average results in their degree studies and wish to document the conceptual context of their research project, to be realised in Weimar, by means of a dissertation or equivalent scientific work. An assessment approving the research project must be enclosed with the application.
Young graduates who have already completed their doctoral thesis and published their work in relevant journals can apply for a post-doctoral award.
The residential awards are for graduates, scholars who have completed their doctoral thesis and habilitated scientists whose monthly net income exceeds 1,500 Euro and will also do so during the period for which a Weimar award is requested. With the residential awards, the Klassik Stiftung Weimar grants scholars a more generous book allowance and a variety of concessions during the period of their research in Weimar.
Financial assistance is available for a maximum of 6 months:
- Graduate award holders are granted 1,000 Euro/month
- Post-doctoral award holders are granted 1,500 Euro/month
- Residential award holders are granted 500 Euro/month
- A clearly recognisable relationship between the research plan and the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s collections
- The applicant’s scientific qualifications
- The significance of the research plan for research community
General surveys and works without direct reference to the sources cannot be supported. The award holders are chosen by a committee comprising staff members at the Klassik Stiftung and members of the Research Council. There are no legal entitlements to Weimar awards.
- Abstract of research plan (10-15 lines), which will be published on the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s website in the event of an award being approved
- Brief outline of the research plan profiling the applicant’s own research interests, the current standing of research in the relevant field, the applicant’s own preliminary work and describing how the applicant’s own research project would be carried on by a period of residence in Weimar (5-6 pages)
- Curriculum vitae in table form, list of publications, certificates and references
- Evaluation of the research project to be completed in Weimar (when applying for a graduate award)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.