Eugene Fleischmann Scholarship
The Société d’ethnologie offers an annual « Eugene Fleischmann Scholarship » to support a young post-doctoral researcher or a doctoral student about to complete his or her thesis for an original and innovative one year post-doctoral research project. The disciplines concerned are anthropology, comparative sociology, ethnomusicology, archaeology, prehistory and epistemology.
The amount of the grant is € 8,000..
The Eugene Fleischmann Scholarship 2019 is open to post-doctoral candidates who successfully defended their theses after 1 January 2017, and to doctoral students who are planning to defend their theses in 2019.
Candidates should send their complete application in pdf format only (maximum size 8 MB) to: email@example.com, no later than 12 noon on 26 March 2019.
Each candidate will receive an acknowledgment confirming registration by 12 april.
Applications should include:
- the completed registration form (download below)
- an abstract of the thesis (1500 characters) and an abstract of the research project (1500 characters)
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- the proposed post-doctoral research project, indicating duration and specifying the estimated use of the grant (maximum 25000 characters with spaces)
- the report of the thesis defense (if you do not have the defense report yet, please let us know and send us a copy upon receipt)
- two publications (optional)
- doctoral students should request their supervisors to send a letter indicating the expected date of the thesis defence (optional)
Candidates are not required to state either their age or their nationality, but must complete assignments in one of the major European languages.
During the second quarter of the year, a European jury of five members will assess the applications. The jury may call upon outside experts, and reserves the right to interview candidates. After deliberations, the Council of the Société d’ethnologie will designate the recipient of the award.
Deadline for submissions: March 26, 2019 at noon
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.