Research Fellows 2019
This call is now open
Ikerbasque - the Basque Foundation for Science, has launched a new call offering 20 positions for postdoctoral researchers. These positions are financed by the Basque Government, the European Commission and the host institution where the researcher will develop his/her research: therefore the acceptance letter of the host institution is mandatory.
These five-year Fellowships are directed to promising young researchers; they are intended to offer a track towards a PI role and independent research. The selected Fellows should be able to acquire the necessary skills for a research leader role. Ikerbasque is committed to offering a long-term career to the research community: Fellows in their 5th year can be assessed for a permanent position.
The applicants must have their PhD completed between 1/1/2008 and 31/12/2016. Applications from women are especially welcomed. The eligibility period will be extended under special circumstances such as maternity.
Co-funded by the EU and the Basque Government
Ikerbasque Research Fellows 2019 Call for postdoctoral researchers
Ikerbasque is offering 20 positions for postdoctoral researchers, in all research fields.
- The applicants must have their PhD completed between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2016.
- 5-year employment contract including full social security.
- 36,000 € gross annual salary + additional 10,000 € start-up funding. There is also a moving allowance up to 4,000 € for researchers that come from a foreign research institution.
- After the 5-year period, the Research Fellow can obtain a permanent position as a Research Associate.
- Applications from women are especially welcomed. The eligibility period will be extended under special circumstances such as maternity
▪ Promising young researchers with a solid research track and international experience.
▪ The applicants must have their PhD completed between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2016. This eligibility period might be extended under special circumstances such as maternity (18 months for each child) or long-term illness (documented amount of leave actually taken).
▪ Researchers with a permanent position in the Basque Country are not eligible under this call.
▪ Ikerbasque is committed to improving the gender balance equality in science. Therefore, it is intended that at least 30% of the positions will be awarded to female researchers.
▪ This call provides competitive opportunities to Basque researchers who want to develop long-term careers in the Basque Country. It is intended that at least 30% of the positions will be awarded to candidates who meet one or more of these requirements:
o The researcher obtained her/his PhD in a Basque University.
o The researcher graduated in a Basque University.
o The researcher has lived in the Basque Country 10 or more years during her/his lifetime.
▪ This call is co-financed by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Cofund Programme of the European Commission; up to 50% of the positions will be awarded to candidates who meet the Marie Curie international mobility criteria, meaning the applicant has not lived, worked or studied in Spain for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the deadline of this call.
▪ At least two reference letters are mandatory, and additional letters are strongly recommended. Candidates are responsible for contacting their referees so the letters are uploaded by the given deadline.
▪ An acceptance letter from the Vice-rectorate or Director of the host institution is mandatory. Please note the letter from the host institution will also be assessed by the evaluation committee, so this letter should ideally describe the reasons for the institution to support the candidate, in addition to an explicit commitment to host the researcher in case he/she is selected.
▪ An updated CV and the proposed research project must be uploaded in the application. This research project should ideally cover the 5-year period and be as detailed as possible.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.