Freeform Media Relations/PR Internship (DATG) CA-Summer 2019
The Freeform Publicity intern will work in a team-oriented environment, supporting the Vice President's office, reporting to the executive assistant, and working with other Publicity staff members.
The intern will support the overall office organization, which may include:
- Fielding phone calls, coordinating team meetings, etc.
- Monitoring press coverage.
- Assembling and distributing daily press breaks.
- Fielding media requests.
- Assisting the team with the planning and execution of press events and award shows.
- Drafting talent itineraries for press trips and events.
- Helping with booking talent travel.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- A knowledge and excitement for Freeform programming.
- Previous internship experience within publicity/media relations.
- Previous internship or job experience working within talent relations.
- Adept and savvy with social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Exceptional phone, email, and interpersonal etiquette. You have the ability to exercise a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
- Previous internship within a media/entertainment company.
- Has experience working with A-list talent
- Interested in pursuing a career in entertainment, primarily PR
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Work is not remote; it is in-office.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Burbank office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.