Welcome to the 9th Lisbon Machine Learning School!
LxMLS 2019 will take place at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), a leading Engineering and Science school in Portugal. It is organized jointly by IST, the Instituto de Telecomunicações, the Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID), Unbabel, Pribram Labs and Feedzai.
Our target audience is:
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
- Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
- Industry practitioners who desire a more in-depth understanding of these subjects.
- Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have some basic background on mathematics and programming
- Lecturers are leading researchers in machine learning and natural language processing
- Days are divided into morning lectures and afternoon lab sessions and practical talks
- The Labs guide will be provided one month in advance.
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning, reinforcement learning) will be covered
- Students will be able to (optionally) show their current work in poster sessions during coffee breaks
- In the demo day, students will be able to interact with technology companies and research institutions working in machine learning
- Welcome reception, Gala dinner, daily lunch as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks are included in the application fee
Early registration will take place from May 6th to June 7th. Registration deadline is July 7th, registration won't be allowed beyond this date.
During registration, you will be able to (optionally) submit an abstract for a poster that you would like to present during a coffee break. Depending on the number of submitted posters, a poster selection may be done based on the submitted abstracts.
INVITATION LETTERS FOR VISA APPLICATIONS
Invitation letters will be issued only to students after they have been accepted. Students that will need a visa are however advised to prepare everything in advance to speed up the process. We will need the following information for the invitation letter.
- full name;
- passport information: number, issue date and place, and expiration date;
- the address to which you would like the Invitation Letter to be sent to.
This year is July 11th to July 18th. It is recommended to arrive one day before and make use of the Early Bird registration (evening of the 10th). This is also a good opportunity to meet the other students and kick-start joint activities.
The early and late (between parenthesis) fees are the following
- 300 EUR for students (350 EUR)
- 350 EUR for university professors or researchers at a public institute (400 EUR)
- 500 EUR for everyone else (600 EUR)
- Full participation in lectures and practical sessions
- Lunch, coffee breaks and banquet
In partnership with our sponsoring companies, we provide a limited number of scholarships.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: