The Sievert Larsson Scholarship
The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Fund (within Friends of Chalmers) offers scholarships annually to Thai students who aim to study on a Master's programme at Chalmers University of Technology. The scholarship is your chance to hone your skills with a world class Master's Degree from Chalmers. The scholarships will be awarded to Thai citizens who have been admitted to a Master's programme at Chalmers.
In the first instance we want to support students who come from financially vulnerable homes and who would not otherwise have the opportunity to study in Sweden.
The Scholarship is available in two different versions. It is possible to apply for both versions of the scholarship via the scholarship application portal. Please make sure that you apply for the scholarships in your order of preference.
Version 1: Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) during the 2 year programme (4 semesters).
Version 2: Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) and 230 000 SEK for costs of living during the 2 year programme (4 semesters).
Both versions of the scholarship are available to
- 1st year Master's programme applicants
- Citizens of Thailand
- Students with a completed or soon to be completed (during spring semester 2019) Bachelor's Degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) with a minimum grade of 3.0 (CGPA) from a prestigious Thai University
Based on the stature of the Home University – including position on international ranking lists.
If you are shortlisted for this scholarship you will be prompted to submit additional documents via email to an assigned member of the scholarship assessment team. If you are shortlisted an email will be sent to you between March and April. The shortlist will not be published or announced beforehand.
You may prepare these documents in advance
- A personal letter including a description of your financial situation, family circumstances and justification for why you are a suitable candidate for the Sievert Larsson scholarship
- A written appraisal from one of your two references
Background about Sievert Larsson
Mr Sievert Larsson is an entrepreneur and founder of the charity, The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Foundation, which gives needy young people the opportunity to study at university or college. A donation of 2.5 million SEK from Sievert Larsson is giving young people from Thailand the chance to study for a Master's Degree at Chalmers.
- It feels as if the money is returning to my home town again and it is to the delight of both myself and the students. I have strong feelings for Chalmers even though I never studied there myself, says Sievert Larsson, who was born and grew up in Göteborg.
Scholarship application for the academic year 2019/20
The scholarship application is an online application, consisting of two steps. We encourage you to apply for scholarships as soon as possible, since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, you must first make an online application to one or several Master’s programmes at Chalmers at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). Each applicant is assigned an 8 digit application number (from your application for Master's programmes at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the application (step 2 below).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: