Master of Science in Management of Sustainable Development Goals (MSDG) A.Y
FIRST LEVEL SPECIALIZED MASTER
Academic Year 2018-2019 – 2nd Edition
The Master of Science in Management of Sustainable Development Goals (MSDG) is a Specialized Master program taught entirely in English. It builds on a double blended learning approach. First, it combines face-to-face and online teaching – via the most advanced web/communication technologies – supporting student/faculty continuous interaction.
Second, MSDG blends a Knowledge-based part – theory, practice and technical skills relating to the UN Agenda’s SD goals – with a Professional-based part – a set of strategic competencies to manage international projects on SD. MSDG hinges on an extensive range of fundamentals, core courses and applied projects. With its problem-solving focus MSDG will allow you to indulge your passion using a systemic, holistic and skills-based approach in a truly global perspective.
Dear MSDG future student.
We know that choosing a Master program is a very demanding task nowadays. That is why I would like to give you some reasons why MSDG represents a special opportunity in your personal and professional development.
MSDG is one of the very few Masters worldwide with a specific emphasis on training the Sustainable Manager. We will give you all the theory and all the operational tools you need to tackle the world of sustainable development. Moreover, the class will be divided in several sub-groups, one for each developing regions, and in these groups you will have the opportunity to dive into their specific sustainability challenges.
- International and diverse environment
If you join MSDG you will be part of an international class. You will share your learning experience with students and professionals who have different cultural, educational and professional backgrounds. You will enrich your knowledge by sharing competences and experience in and off the field.
- Faculty and staff
We have an experienced, qualified faculty, a carefully selected mix of academics and practitioners who will try to transmit to you a true passion for sustainable management. Our efficient and supportive staff will help you in your off-line and on-line organizational issues.
MSDG is located in Rome, a historic, lively and culturally stimulating city which will make your Master year even more enriching and enjoyable.
- The Master of Science in Management of Sustainable Development Goals (MSDG) by LUMSA International is a one year international MSc programme in English language of 1st level and it is offered in a blended format to facilitate the participation of both professionals and long-distance students.
- This Problem-oriented, creative, innovative, learning by doing Master Programme aims to support graduated students from around the world, in the acquisition of knowledge and competencies on the management of sustainable development in dynamic environments.
- The development of a new vision on sustainable development concerning the set of interrelated issues in a world scale to solve the related issues concerning preservation on the planet in long time will be the vision and the focus of the MSDG.
- The Laudato si’ Encyclical by Pope Francis’, on one side, and the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development, on the other, define a new vision for people, planet and prosperity for transforming our world on the basis of a new idea of Sustainable Development (SD) focused on consolidating universal peace, eradicating poverty and to heal and secure our planet ‘to shift the world on to a new sustainable and resilient path’.
- This new approach implies inter-linkages and the multidimensional nature of the Sustainable Development Goals oriented to improve the quality of life and of the world and to create conditions for sustainable, inclusive and sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and decent work for all, taking into account different levels of national development and capacities.
- In this innovative and attractive new framework/vision coming from the UN Agenda and Pope Francis’ Encyclical, the MSDG aims at integrating knowledge and expertise in the field of Social Sciences with the UN Agenda SD goals and a set of strategic competencies to manage international projects on Sustainable Development.
- According to the UN goals, poverty eradication, changing unsustainable and promoting sustainable patterns of consumption and production and protecting and managing the natural resource base of economic and social development are indispensable requirement for Sustainable Development.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below