2019/20 King's International PGR Scholarships
- Open to residents of the following countries
All Nationalities (except UK & EU)
- Be due to commence an MPhil/PhD research degree programme in any Faculty at King’s College London during the 2019/20 academic year;
- Be classified as overseas fee status;
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below)Applicants MUST:
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible
- Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible
- Joint-degree programmes are not eligible
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2019
For Chinese students:
Please note that Chinese students are eligible to apply to King’s PGR International scholarships as well as King’s China Council Scholarships; however, they will not be considered for both schemes and therefore will need to decide at application stage whether they enter EITHER 1920-KCSC OR 1920-PGR-INT as the code in the Award Scheme Code or Name funding box. See the King’s China Scholarships guidelines for further details about this scheme.
- All Subjects
Applications may be submitted
from 25-Oct-2018 until 11-Jan-2019
Information about the funding
The Centre for Doctoral Studies is pleased to announce that it will be offering a limited number of scholarships for international students who plan to undertake a postgraduate research degree (MPhil/PhD) at King's College London commencing in the 2019-20 academic year.
Each Scholarship will provide funding to cover:
- The international/overseas tuition fee
- An annual stipend
- Research, Training and Support Grant/Bench fees, valued as follows:
- Wet Lab: £5,000 per annum
- Dry Lab: £2,500 per annum
- Clinical Research: £2,000 per annum
- Other (desk research): £1,000 per annum
Applications will be invited from October 2018 and will close on Friday 11th January 2019 at 23:59 GMT sharp.
Please follow the instructions below.
Applicants who fail to apply as instructed below will not be eligible for consideration.
1) Apply to King’s College London for a research degree programme using the online admissions application
2) Ensure you tick the box and enter the code 1920-PGR-INT (please copy and paste this code exactly) at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) on the funding part of the KCL Application Form
* PLEASE NOTE: students who have already applied for admissions, and those who previously applied but deferred entry to 2019/20, will be required update their application for 2018/19 with the code 1920-PGR-INT by the same deadline of 11 January 2019, 23:59 GMT.
*PLEASE BE AWARE that material from your admissions application will be extracted and used as part of the assessment/selection process; therefore, it is our expectation that your admissions application will be complete with supporting references and transcripts by the application deadline of 11 January 2019. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is provided in time.
Once the application deadline has passed, the Admissions Office and the Centre for Doctoral Studies (CDS) Office will gather and record the details of all the applications received that state 1920-PGR-INT as the Award Scheme Code.
The Admissions Office and the CDS Office will check the eligibility of all applicants, and all applications that are deemed eligible will be circulated to faculties for assessment.
Assessment of applications will be based on:
- Evidence and strength of academic qualifications gained and, where applicable, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience;
- ii) Strength of the research proposal;
- iii) Match of the applicant’s interests with his/her potential supervisors.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.