Vector Postgraduate Affiliates Program 2018-2019
The primary goal of the Vector Institute Postgraduate Affiliates Program is to foster collaboration and contributions among students and researchers with expertise in deep learning as well as machine learning and artificial intelligence more broadly. The program is intended to promote better engagement among researchers in the broader AI community.
Program applicants are evaluated and selected by the Vector Postgraduate Affiliates Committee according to the strength of their research contributions and the alignment of their interests with Vector’s vision, mission, and research strengths. Vector Postgraduate Affiliates are appointed for a two-year term and are expected to contribute towards Vector events and activities. They are also eligible to receive a number of benefits in recognition of their participation in the program.
As a Vector Postgraduate Affiliate, you are expected to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Contribute at least 4 hours per month towards Vector activities;
- Interact with Vector’s industry and health partners, and contribute to planning and training programs; and
- Help publicize and promote the Vector Institute by acknowledging affiliation in publication and presentations.
As a Vector Postgraduate Affiliate, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- Acknowledgement of your Postgraduate Affiliate status on the Vector Institute website;
- Ability to connect regularly with Vector researchers and collaborate freely;
- Participation in Vector activities and events, including all applicable internal talks and presentations;
- Access to the Vector office space and desks up to 2 days per week, on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- Access to computing resources, as per Vector policies;
- Financial award in recognition of your Postgraduate Affiliate status (amount to be determined annually at the sole discretion of the Vector Institute).
Graduate students (MSc, PhD) and post-doctoral fellows conducting research on novel methods or applications in the area of deep learning or other areas in machine learning are invited to apply. All applicants must be affiliated with an institution in Ontario. In order to maintain your status as a Postgraduate Affiliate, you must continue to meet this eligibility criteria.
The application consists of questions related to the applicant’s research and a section to upload a CV. Applicants are also required to submit two reference letters in support of their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fellowships are awarded based on evaluation of the applications by the Vector Postgraduate Affiliates Committee.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.