Master+ is a unique model within a chosen MSc programme
The Master+ model offers either to masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills in addition to the main discipline by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track providing a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Students of these study programmes can choose between the path of Field Expert and Interdisciplinary Expert. Selection is made in the academic information system. Each path (competence) consists of three subjects (18 credits) allocated as follows: 1 year 1 semester (autumn) – first subject (6 credits), 1 year 2 semester (spring) – second subject (6 credits), 2 year 3 semester – third subject (6 credits). A student, who chooses a path of the Field Expert, deepens knowledge and strengthens skills in the main field of studies. The one, who chooses a path of the Interdisciplinary Expert, acquires knowledge and skills in a different area or field of studies. Competence provides a choice of alternative additional subjects.
- Field Expert (profound knowledge and skills in the area, required for solution of scientific research tasks);
- Interdisciplinary Expert:
(fields of different knowledge and skills are combined for solution of specific tasks);
Acquisition of the competence is certified by the issue of KTU certificate and entry in the appendix to the Master’s diploma. In addition, students can acquire an international certificate (details are provided next to each competence).
Competences are implemented by KTU lecturers – experts in their area – and high level business and public sector organizations; their employees deliver lectures, submit topics for the student’s theses, placement-oriented tasks for the projects, etc.
A chosen competence will be implemented only when a full group of students is formed and schedule permits the necessary participation.
- 30th of June for those applying for autumn semester.
- 30th of July, in case your country of residence has a Lithuanian embassy, or no visa is required to enter Lithuania.
- If an applicant for Master’s studies intends to apply for Lithuanian state scholarship, the application should be received by 30th of June.
- 30th of November for those applying for spring semester.
- All programmes in English start on the 1st of September, meanwhile some programmes accept students from the 1st of February (spring semester) as well.
Scholarships for international students
Kaunas University of Technology offers free of charge Bachelor or Master studies for the candidates with outstanding results.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania offers Lithuanian state scholarships for full-time Master degree studies to study at Lithuanian higher education institutions for the nationals of selected countries.
Once you already a student of Kaunas University of Technology, the University can offer you various financial support and funding possibilities.
For more information click below.