Study Grants for International Students
Subject, amount and duration
- The University of Catania awards 40 scholarships to international students who intend to pursue a degree program in any field of study offered by the University for the A.Y 2018/2019.
- 20 study grants worth 1.500,00 € are available for international students who wish to enroll in any Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or Single Cycle Degree programme offered by University.
- 10 study grants worth 1.500,00 € are available for international students who wish to enrol in the following Master Degree courses: Physics (Fisica), Chemical engineering for industrial sustainability ( Automation Engineering and Control of Complex Systems, Electrical Engineering (Ingegneria Elettrica), Global Politics and Euro-Mediterranean Relations
- 10 study grants worth 1.500,00 € are available for students coming from Republic of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Fyrom, Kosovo and Montenegro who wish to enrol in any Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or Single Cycle Degree programme offered by University
- For the purpose of this call, international students are those who received their prior education and their qualification, as it is required for admission to the chosen degree course, in another country, regardless of citizenship;
- Enrolment is intended as the registration at the first year of the chosen degree programme. Registration at following years and transfers from one degree programme to another or from one university to another, in not considered enrolment.
- Each grant is awarded only for the first academic year. The total amount is 1.500,00 € gross of eventual charges for the beneficiary’s account.
Scholarships cannot be combined with:
- Study grants issued under international programmes (i.e. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree);
- Study grants issued by the Italian Ministry of Foreign affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI);
- Study grants issued by foreign governmental bodies or institutions;
The application is open exclusively to candidates who, by the deadline of the submission of applications for participation:
- Possess qualifications for admission to the chosen degree course issued by an institution outside of the Italian education system;
- Meet the requirements for the chosen degree programme;
- Are not 30 years or older
Application submission: terms and procedures
Applications must be submitted between 05 April 2018 to 30 June 2018 at 12.00 p.m. (noon) (CET) exclusively through the online application form at the following website http://serviziwebcea.unict.it/domanda-borsa
Candidates are allowed to submit only one application. In the application, candidates must choose the degree course to which he/she wants to enroll in and attach the following documents (either in English or Italian):
- Copy of their currently valid passport. Eu citizens can attach a copy of their identity card;
- UNICT admission letter;
- Enic/Naric Statement of comparability and qualifications certification (http://cis.cimea.it/unict_en/) or Declaration of Value of the title requested for the admission to the chosen degree course.
All documents in any language other than Italian or English must be supported by a translation into English or Italian. Once the application has been registered it will no longer be possible to make any changes to the data entered and it’ll be possible to see the date and time of submission. Applications that are not properly filled in or complete with all the required documentation will not be accepted.
Establishment and approval of the ranked list of candidates
- The ranking, one for each category referred to in 1 paragraph a), will be drawn upon the basis of the date and time of submission of the application certified by the system;
- The assignment of the grants will take place, to cover all the available places, on a ranking based on the chronological order of reception of the application. For the application presented on the same date and time preference will be given to the younger candidate;
- If the number of winners for one category turns out to be less than the grants available, the remaining funds will be used for the other categories;
- The ranking will be published on the University bulletin board http://ws1.unict.it/albo/ and on the university web page http://unict.it/it/didattica/tasse-borse-di-studio-e-agevolazioni;
- Winners will be notified by e-mail at the address stated in the application form. It will be their responsibility to promptly notify changes to the declared information to this Administration.
- The payment of scholarships is subject to the student’s effective admission and enrolment in the chosen degree programme and to the delivery of the specific forms, duly filled in, provided to the student by the Foreign Students Office;
- In order to be admitted and enrolled the student must comply with applicable provision and deadlines set in the degrees enrolment calls including the enrolment regulations established by the Memorandum issued by the Ministry of Education, University and Research concerning foreign students’ access to university degree programmes;
- Study grants are paid via bank transfer to an Italian bank account or prepaid credit card, with an IBAN, registered to the student.
Applicants may withdrawal by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In case of withdrawals received by 30 September, 2018 newly-available grants will be allocated to the next suitable candidate.
Information notice concerning data processing
The personal data provided shall be processed in accordance with the principles and provisions of Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 exclusively for the purpose of this call for applications.
Publicity and Language
The call will be published on the University bulletin board http://ws1.unict.it/albo/ and on the University website http://unict.it/it/didattica/tasse-borse-di-studio-e-agevolazioni. The English version of the call has been drafted exclusively for publicity purposes. For call implementation, dispute resolution and for all legal purposes only the Italian versions valid.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.