Chinese Government Scholarship for Postgraduates
About the university
Established in 1958, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TUTCM) is one of the earliest universities of TCM in China and the only International University of TCM which is approved by State Education Committee (now Ministry of Education) in 1992. TUTCM is also the “Educational Aid Center” and “China-ASEAN Educational Training Center” of Ministry of Education (MOE), TCM International Cooperation Center of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SATCM) and the director committee member of the Education Instruction Committee of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies. Adhering the motto of “strengthening moral education and pursuing academic studies, inheriting and innovating”, TUTCM has developed into a comprehensive university specializing in TCM education and covers extensive areas of study, namely as Medicine, Science, Arts, Management, Engineering, Education and etc. The university was selected into China first-rate university and first-rate program list and Chinese Materia Medica has been selected into Double First-rate programs in 2017.
The University has distinguished teaching staff and sufficient resources for students’ internship. Currently, it has 2 National Key Disciplines of Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina and TCM Internal Medicine, 3 affiliated hospitals and 5 teaching hospitals. Among them, the First Affiliated Hospital is a National TCM Clinical Research Base, the National Acupuncture Clinical Research Center, the National Acupuncture Clinical Foundation and the National Provincial Demonstration Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine; the Second Affiliated Hospital is the treatment center for Chinese medical difficult disease and has significant advantage for gynecological and encephalopathy diseases; Baokang Hospital and other teaching hospitals have unique treatment features in rehabilitation medicine, orthopedics, community health of TCM, integrative medicine and etc..
The University has extensive international exchanges and cooperation. It aims to cultivate international applied talents in the clinic with solid theoretical foundation and excellent clinical skills which make it enjoy a high reputation world wide. It has formed TCM internationalization talents training system where the bachelor education is the main part. The system also covers master and doctoral education and short and long-term certificate studies. Every year，there are over 2,000 international students from more than 60 countries and regions coming to study at TUTCM.
The new campus of TUTCM is under construction which is located by Tuanbo Lake in Jinghai District, Tianjin. The new campus covers an area of more than 173 hectares and the building area is about 600,000 square meters. The nationally largest museum of TCM, Chinese Medicine Botanical Garden, the nationally most advanced Science and Technology Park of TCM and International Education Center of TCM are all under construction in the new campus, providing a more excellent study and living environment for students.
Programs and Categories
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion and Tuina (Master/Doctor)
- Chinese Materia Medica [Chinese Pharmacy] (Master/Doctor)
- Pharmacology (Master)
- Pharmaceutical Analysis (Master)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Master)
- Pharmacy (Master)
Main Courses of Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina
TCM Research Approaches, Development Progress of TCM Internal Medicine, Theories of TCM, TCM Diagnostics, Therapeutics of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Tuina, Medical Qi Gong, Local Anatomy of Acupuncture Points, Development Progress of TCM Diagnostics, Chinese Language and etc.
Main Courses of Chinese Materia Medica (CMM)
Theories of TCM, Chinese Materia Medica, TCM Prescriptions, Development Progress of TCM Chemistry, Development Progress of TCM Pharmacology, Development Progress of TCM Preparation, Development Progress of TCM Preparation Analysis, Research and Development of TCM New Drugs, Introduction to TCM Resources, Chinese Language and etc.
- Non-Chinese Citizen
- Current student-in-China is not applicable (Applicable to graduates from China over a year)
- Healthy and fluent in English
- For Master’s Applicants (One of the following):
For Master’s Applicants in Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina: Bachelor of Medicine or related subjects
For Master’s Applicants in Chinese Materia Medica, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Pharmacy: Bachelor in Chinese Materia Medica, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Preparation, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology or other related majors
- For Doctoral Applicants (One of the following):
For Doctoral Applicants in Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina: Master in Medicine or related subjects
- Not exceeding 35 years old for master’s applicants and not exceeding 40 for doctoral applicants.
Contents of Scholarship
- Exempt from application fee, tuition
- Living allowance
- Accommodation on campus
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China
Expenses excluded in the Scholarship range above should be self-supported. Expenses including but not limited to international tickets, transportation fares overseas or in China, physical examination fee, other related costs will be responsible for the students and detailed information please refer to admission notice. This scholarship is used for studying in TUTCM ONLY and no program transferring permitted after admission. Please refer to the standard which is published by Ministry of Education for the latest standard and rate.
Category and Length of Schooling are fulltime 3 Years. Degree Available: Master or Doctoral Degree and Diploma of Graduation
(Please fill in the form using Chinese or English; All the documents must be supplied before the deadline):
- Online Application: Fill in the application form online at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn (TUTCM Agency Number: 10063). Please find the enclosed details of online steps.
- Hard Copy Documents Needed (in duplicate):
- printed Application Forms for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online (Using the above URL to print the forms)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (by 2 different people)
- NOTARIZED Photocopies of Highest Degree/Diploma Obtained in Chinese or English
- NOTARIZED Photocopies of Academic Transcript of Highest Degree/Diploma in Chinese or English
- Study Plan in China , 800 or more words
- Photocopy of Passport
- Signed Photographs
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Please fill in the form in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Applicants should have the physical exam later than Mar. 20, 2018; submit the copy before April 20, 2018 and bring ALL the original documents and attachments when coming to China)
Note: Each set of complete materials should NOT exceed 20 pages. Please use A4-size paper. The application documents will not be returned to the applicants no matter succeeding or failing to get the scholarship.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.