Dorothea Schlözer Postdoctoral Program for Female Postdocs
The presidential board of the Göttingen University Public Law Foundation offers support for young academics in the form of positions for female postdocs. In 2018 there will be 3 positions (TV-L 13, 100%, term of 2 years), one of which at the University Medical Center (UMG), offered. The positions are scheduled to start on October 1st 2018.
These positions are awarded on the basis of a project proposal and shall give an opportunity to further develop independent research and prepare future third-party funding. The development of an individual research profile and relevant academic skills is considered part of this process. The placement holders will be supported in professional orientation and career development through workshops.
Those eligible to apply are female postdocs in an early postdoc phase, who conduct a research project at the Georg-August-University (including the University Medical School) or plan to do so in one of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economic Scienes
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Medical Center (UMG)
The doctoral procedure (thus the date of the thesis' disputation) should not have terminated more than two years before the application. If the doctorate has been received more than two years ago, an application is still not ruled out, though. In that case the applicant should, however, include a statement on this matter. You should, however, include a statement on this matter.
Documentation to be provided
For an application for the Dorothea Schlözer postdoc positions you need to provide the following documents via the online application portal:
- Cover letter (optional)
- Candidate's curriculum vitae in tabular format, including a list of publications and funding (eg. scholarships, third-party funded projects etc.)
- An exposé describing the planned work (max. 10 pages including bibliography)
- University degree certificates (B.A. certificate, M.A. certificate or equivalent, Doctoral certificate or certification of successful disputation or scheduled date of disputation)
- A short summary of a doctoral thesis (1-page max.)
- Two publications (article, book chapter, important public presentations)
- A statement from the institution where the work is to be conducted, to employ the applicant in case she receives this position and to provide the appropriate infrastructure
The following documents should be sent directly to the program directorate by the authors:
- Two references from scientists in your field (e.g. primary reviewers of your dissertation, future cooperation partners)
The Dorothea Schlözer Postdoc Program (formerly Dorothea Schlözer Fellowship Program) is part of the Dorothea Schlözer Program. The program was set up by Göttingen University in April 2009 to promote equal opportunities and diversity of personnel at the Göttingen research campus. The positions will be awarded by the Presidential Board. There are options for part-time work and contract extensions for scientists with caretaking responsibilities (for children or relatives).
Applications will only be accepted through the online portal. After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt via e-mail.
By accepting the position, the position holder commits to report on her research progress regularly, take up offers for further training opportunities (especially the Dorothea Schlözer Qualification and Mentoring Programm), and participate in evaluation procedures. The position also includes teaching responsibilities of four semester periods per week (research-oriented teaching as well as teaching that usefully complements your own teaching portfolio).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.