This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: http://international.cpu.edu.cn/30/40/c399a12352/page.htm
NANJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP is established by Nanjing government, Jiangsu province aiming to support more excellent international student to study and do scientific research in Nanjing. Entrusted by Nanjing government, China Pharmaceutical University recruits international students supported by the scholarship across the world.
Categories of Applicants and the Scholarship
Bachelor - 10000 RMB (one year)
Master and PhD - 20000 RMB (one year)
Visiting student - 5000 RMB (half year)
Note：1. This scholarship is mainly for new students and the duration is one year.
2. Senior students can also apply and the scholarship will be granted based on the academic performance and daily behavior of the previous year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree program must be a high school graduate and under the age of 25;
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- Visiting students must have bachelor’s degree
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
Choice Of Specialties
Please choose the most suitable program for you and the list of programs is available in the original web page.
Master and doctoral applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package the relevant recommendation letters written by those supervisors.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
- Completed application form for Nanjing Government Scholarship;
- Completed CPU application form;
- Photocopy of the passport;
- The notarized photocopy highest diploma and transcripts. If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide Certificate of Enrollment or Employment accordingly. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
- Chinese Language test report (HSK) for Chinese-taught programs and English language test report e.g. IELTS or TOEFL for English-taught programs;
- A study or research proposal (written in Chinese or English and no less than 800 words);
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors in Chinese or English (applicable to Master’s and doctoral applicants and professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.);
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable);
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Note: The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Applicants are required to submit their application online and upload all the required documents via an original web page.
Date Of Application
October 1, 2016, to June 15, 2017.
Admission And Notification
- The Admission Committee of China Pharmaceutical University will review all the application materials and decides the nominated candidates on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record, and otherwise.
- A pre-acceptance letter will be sent to nominated candidates and an admission letter and visa application form will be issued after the applicants make the deposit payment as per the pre-acceptance letter.
- The scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient fails to make the deposit within the required time or register before the registration deadline.