University of Oxford Wadham College David Richards Scholarships 2018, UK



Opportunity Cover Image - University of Oxford Wadham College David Richards Scholarships 2018, UK

Graduate Scholarships

David Richards Scholarships in Climate Research

Who can apply?  Applicants for the DPhil in Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics. These two scholarships are open to home, EU and international graduate students. Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course.

Money available: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,553) for the duration of the course. These scholarships have been made possible thanks to a generous donation by the family of David Richards, an alumnus of Wadham College.

Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The Richards family bequest contributes 60% of the funds for these scholarships, with the remaining 40% being contributed by the University of Oxford.

To be eligible for consideration for these scholarships, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.

David Richards Scholarships in History

We do not anticipate the David Richards Scholarships in History being available again until the 2019/20 academic year.

Who can apply?  Applicants to DPhil courses offered by the Faculty of History, who will be conducting research which is interdisciplinary in nature. These two scholarships are open to home, EU and international graduate students. Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course. 

Money available: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,057) for the duration of the course. These scholarships have been made possible thanks to a generous donation by the family of David Richards, an alumnus of Wadham College.

Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The Richards family bequest contributes 60% of the funds for these scholarships, with the remaining 40% being contributed by the University of Oxford.

To be eligible for consideration for these scholarships, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.

David Richards Scholarship in Chemistry

We do not anticipate the David Richards Scholarship in Chemistry being available again until the 2019/20 academic year.

Who can apply?  Applicants for DPhil courses offered by the Department of Chemistry. The scholarship is open to home, EU and international graduate students. Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course. 

Money available: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,057) for the duration of the course. This scholarship has been made possible thanks to a generous donation by the family of David Richards, an alumnus of Wadham College.

Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The Richards family bequest contributes 60% of the funds for these scholarships, with the remaining 40% being contributed by the University of Oxford.

To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.

David Richards Scholarship in Economics

We do not anticipate the David Richards Scholarship in Economics being available again until the 2019/20 academic year.

Who can apply?  Applicants for the DPhil in Economics. The scholarship is open to home, EU and international graduate students. Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course. This scholarship is not open to candidates who hold deferred offers to start their course in 2017-18.

Money available: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,057) for the duration of the course. This scholarship has been made possible thanks to a generous donation by the family of David Richards, an alumnus of Wadham College.

Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The Richards family bequest contributes 60% of the funds for these scholarships, with the remaining 40% being contributed by the University of Oxford.

There is no separate application process for this scholarship: in order to be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline.

To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.

Decisions are expected to be made around April.

For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.



Eligible Countries
Host Country
Study Levels
Opportunities
Publish Date
November 30, 2017
Link To Original




0 Comments