Applications to the Yale World Fellows program are accepted from across sectors and around the world. Each class of Fellows is a unique group: geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives.
Now accepting applications for the 2016 Yale World Fellows Program.
Application deadline: December 2, 2015 11:59 PM EST
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- BE IN THE MID-CAREER STAGE Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- BE FLUENT IN ENGLISH An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- BE A CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
SELECTION CRITERIA INCLUDE:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Please note that application for admission to the Yale World Fellows Program is an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- Prior to the deadline you are able to work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Most questions about the Program and the application process can be answered by reviewing this website and the common questions. If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at email@example.com. Please do not send multiple emails regarding one issue, and please do not email staff individually. We thank you for your patience in allowing staff adequate time to thoughtfully process your inquiries.
Am I a competitive candidate?
To determine if you would be a competitive candidate for Yale World Fellows, please take a look at the biographies of previous Fellows and the Information for Applicants. Admission to Yale World Fellows is extremely competitive; we receive several thousand applications for the limited number of fellowships awarded each year.
Do I need to be a certain age to qualify ?
Yale World Fellows does not require applicants to be a specific age. Please note, however, that the Program is designed for mid-career professionals. The youngest applicant ever accepted was 27 years old and the average age of a World Fellow is 39.
Does the Yale World Fellows Program require test scores exhibiting proficiency in the English language?
Yale World Fellows does not require TOEFL or IELTS test scores as part of the application process. Should an applicant progress to the final stages of selection, his/her English fluency will be assessed during a phone interview.
Must I be fluent in English?
Yes, applicants must be fluent in English. Fellows must be able to read and understand complex academic texts, give oral presentations in front of small and large audiences, and build professional and personal relationships with colleagues and distinguished guests – in English.
Does the fellowship accept students or academics?
Yale World Fellows does not accept full-time students or full-time academics. The fellowship is designed for non-academic practitioners. If your primary occupation is student or scholar and you are interested in spending time at Yale, please contact the academic department that aligns with your academic or research interests.
Does the fellowship provide scholarships or financial support to students who wish to attend Yale University?
No, we do not offer any type of financial aid or scholarships to students wishing to enroll in a degree granting program at Yale. Questions regarding financial aid should be directed to the school at Yale to which you are applying for admission.
ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR 2016
Are we describing someone you know, or know of? Nominate a candidate by completing the form below.
A few things to remember:
- You don’t need to be affiliated with Yale University to nominate a candidate. We encourage and accept nominations from anyone.
- Feel free to nominate more than one candidate.
- Please don’t nominate yourself. If you’d like to apply, you may begin your own online application.
- We give no preference to nominated candidates and a candidate does not need to be nominated in order to apply - this is simply our way of asking for your help to find the most dynamic, most creative, most innovative leaders out there.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: