The University of Sydney takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2015. These prestigious Scholarships will be offered to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students, inviting them to enjoy the Sydney experience at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
Selection is based strictly on academic merit.
For all enquiries regarding Sydney Achievers scholarships please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Achievers International Scholarships (Undergraduate)
- AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for the CRICOS registered duration of a recipient’s program of study, for any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
- No living allowance is payable.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with outstanding results, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible.
- Students who have already commenced/completed tertiary studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
For further information on equivalents to Australian Year 12 qualifications and a table showing standard academic requirements for some of these examinations relative to ATAR scores see:
Undergraduate entry requirements
To enquire about this scholarship: email email@example.com.
To be considered, you must have an Unconditional Offer by 30 May 2015.
Invitations to EOI will be sent to selected applicants by 2 June 2015.
Applicants who returned their EOIs by 9 June 2015 will be considered.
Offers for the scholarship will be made by 16 June 2015.
To be considered, you must have an Unconditional Offer by 19 June 2015.
Invitations to EOI will be sent to selected applicants on 19 June 2015.
Applicants who returned their EOIs by 24 June 2015 will be considered.
Offers for the scholarship will be made on 26 June 2015.
- Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
- Only applicants with unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
- Selection will be made by the Student Recruitment & Admissions Group, whose decision will be final. No appeals will be entertained.
- Scholarship recipients will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress, which, for the purposes of retaining the Scholarship, is defined as maintaining a credit average (at least 65%) or more each year. Failure to do so will result in the Scholarship being terminated.
- Successful candidates:
- must not be in receipt of any other tuition scholarship or sponsorship;
- must commence study in Semester Two 2015 – deferment to a later semester is not permitted;
- must provide the final results once available if unconditional offer is made based on predicted results, eg IB;
- will be required to pay for their own airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) and Overseas Student Health Cover each year;
- are also responsible for paying the balance of the tuition fees each year;
- are required to enrol as full-time international students and must maintain their international student status on a full-time basis throughout their enrolment at the University of Sydney; and
- may not be entitled to a ‘Leave of Absence’ during the duration of the Scholarship, unless it is due to extenuating circumstances.
The University of Sydney reserves the right to make changes to this Scholarships program without notice and at its discretion.