2 Postdoc Research Fellowships
University of Freiburg -The Ph.D Research Group (DFG-Graduiertenkolleg)
“Friends, Patrons, Clients. The practice and semantics of friendship and patronage in comparative historical and anthropological perspective” of the Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg, financed by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft offers two Postdoc Research Fellowships, to run from 1 June 2013 for two years. The Postdocs will be paid a TV-L E 13 salary (approximately 1,900 Euro net per month after all deductions, which include health insurance and social security payments).
The Ph.D research group comprises the following disciplines: Ancient History, History (Medieval, Early Modern and Modern including the History of Eastern Europe and Imperial China), philosophy, sociology, political science and social and cultural anthropology. Candidates from related disciplines such as historical anthropology, gender studies and modern literature are also encouraged to apply.
- Supporting the supervision of the Ph.D. students
- Participation in the meetings and events of the research group
- Developing a programme of activities to support the work of the Ph.D students
- Pursuing an individual research project within the framework of the theme of the research group
- A Ph.D (in hand at the start date)
- A research project directly relevant to the interests of the research group
- Good knowledge of English and at least a passive knowledge of German
- Successful candidates will be expected to be resident in Freiburg for the duration of their Postdoc
Candidates should send their applications (CV with a list of publications, copies of all relevant examination certificates and academic testimonials as well as an outline – c. 7-8 pages – of the research project they want to pursue while in Freiburg) by 15 March 2013 (as pdf-, rtf- or word-document; the file size of the complete application should not exceed 3 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org via the Apply button below.
In addition, two letters of recommendation from university teachers are required. These can either be sent directly by your referees to the email address given above or in a sealed envelope to the following address:
University of Freiburg
c/o Historisches Seminar
Applications close 15 March 2013.