The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) invites students from our collaboration institutions in Armenia to apply for a scholarship within the framework of Armenia-Norway Exchange Programme. The Scholarship is open for students applying for admission to Master's Programmes and PhD Programmes at NTNU. In addition to the Student Exchange Program, a project to support Armenian-Norwegian cooperation in the field of small hydropower and environmental protection is being launched in 2011. The project will be implemented over a period of three years, led by Norsk Energi with grant funding from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The candidates qualifying for the Student Exchange Program will have the opportunity to be involved also in this project.
American University of Armenia
State Engineering University of Armenia
Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction
Programmes of study offered by NTNU within the programme:
-MSc in Electric Power Engineering
-MSc in Hydropower Development
-PhD in Electric Power Engineering
-PhD in Energy and Process Engineering
-PhD in Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering
Documents you need to prepare for the final application:
- Certified copies of the pages of your passport showing your photo, your full name, your date of birth and your nationality;
- Officially certified copies of all your educational certificates including: Diploma/ certificate/ transcript from Higher Secondary School;
– TOEFL or IELTS-results when applicable (if not forwarded directly to NTNU from ETS)
- A letter of motivation (1/2-1 page) and you CV;
- Letters of recommendation and letters from employers confirming work experience.
- Recommendation letters from Vice Chancellor or Head of Department showing the need for staff training at PhD level at the home institution;
– Research proposal of minimum 4 A4 pages;
- Official certified copies of diploma/ transcripts from bachelor's and master's degrees;
- TOEFL/ IELTS test if not exempted from the English language requirements.
The preliminary application deadline is December 1, with the final application deadline of February 1 for applicants who have passed preliminary screening. The preliminary applications will be processed after 1 December, and students may expect a reply in early January. Those students you get their preliminary application approved will receive a final application form by e-mail. The final application form must be returned to us along with all the necessary documentation by 1 February. Students who do not pass the preliminary screening will also receive an e-mail.
Autumn term: 1.5.
Spring term: 1.10.