DOCTORAL EXCHANGE GRANT
These grants are to support collaborative inter-university doctoral top research in the fields of engineering and environmental sciences (which includes bioengineering, but not life science or biology), in all medieval disciplines including medieval studies, as well as research in digital humanities at the intersection of Medieval Disciplines and Computing.
The grant aims to encourage research collaboration between two universities, namely the home university of the doctoral candidate and a hosting university, one of the two preferably situated in Switzerland. The grant will cover travel and local living costs of the candidate while visiting the hosting university or research institute exclusively, plus flat rate economy-class return airfare/train ticket from the home university to the hosting university.
THE FOUNDATION WILL NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION, JUSTIFICATION NOR REASON FOR THE DECISIONS CONCERNING THE ACCEPTANCE OR NOT OF AN APPLICATION.
Please consider that no reply will be given to such requests.
Applicants should send an email to the ZKS Foundation’s email address (email@example.com) with attached the following two files:
The first, the “Application form” completely filled in.
The second in single PDF format containing the following documents in that order:
- A one page motivation letter with the full address of the candidate
- A one-page resume, including descriptions of the candidate’s education and work experience, plus elementary personal data (date and place of birth, citizenship, marital status, language proﬁciency)
- A three- to four-page description of the proposed research project, including its goals and methodology, together with the name, address and signature of the thesis advisor at the candidate’s home university
- Grade transcripts of the applicant for all years of higher education.
- A scanned email from the hosting professor with her/his address and phone number, confirming that she/he will host and provide guidance to the student for the entire duration of the project, and providing any relevant information she/he may wish to contribute concerning funding for the project.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.