Yale’s Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program
Yale’s Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program is a learning lab–a place to experiment. We bring innovative, multidisciplinary thinkers and doers from around the world to Yale for four months. We give them the space and time to step back from the intensity of their work to reflect, learn and be challenged both academically and personally. Fellows also contribute greatly to Yale through teaching, collaboration, research and more. After their time at Yale, they go on to join a growing network of 291 World Fellows working across the world. They stay connected to the University, and to each other.
Applications to the Greenberg World Fellows Program are accepted from across sectors and around the world. Each class of Fellows is a unique group: geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives. The 2017 program will run from mid-August to mid-December. Fellows are expected to be in residence at Yale for the duration of the program.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- BE IN THE MID-CAREER STAGE Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than 20, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- BE FLUENT IN ENGLISH An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- BE A CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
SELECTION CRITERIA INCLUDE:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Please note that application for admission to the Greenberg World Fellows Program is completely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Most questions about the program and the application process can be answered by reviewing the officialwebsite.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
For details and to apply please press "Further Official Information - Link to Original" below this announcement.
Fully Funded Fellowship for International Thinkers and Doers
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: