Research Support Grants are offered in spring and autumn to scholars already engaged in research involving the study of British art or architectural history.
The grant is an award of up to £2,000 towards the expenses incurred in visiting collections, libraries, archives or historic sites within the United Kingdom or abroad for research purposes.
Due to the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic the following changes have been made for spring 2021:
- As above, applicants can still apply for costs towards undertaking trips within the United Kingdom or abroad for research purposes, with the view that research will be done when it is safe and convenient to do so
- Applicants can instead apply for costs related to supporting themselves whilst undertaking non-travel related research
Research Support Grants are specifically designed for scholars to support the expenses incurred in visiting collections, libraries, archives or historic sites within the United Kingdom or abroad.
These grants are offered for specific research visits and individuals may claim for the following costs in line with the limits given below:
- Fares (in full)
- Accommodation (up to a maximum of £100 per night)
- Daily subsistence (£40 per day)
Spring 2021 changes: Applicants can instead apply for support to sustain themselves whilst undertaking non-travel related research. In this instance individuals may claim for:
- Contributions towards rent/livings costs
- Research materials (e.g. subscriptions to online research resources)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: