Position: Writing Consultant
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The American University of Armenia is seeking Writing Consultants for the Student Services to offer writing assistance to the students by providing tutoring sessions in writing, helping students to improve their writing skills and to develop ability to work through assignments on their own.
- Provide one-on-one or small group writing support;
- Facilitate learning and guide students to master and develop writing skills;
- Provide training for work-study students to further develop their writing skills;
- Provide on-going support to work-study students, and conduct weekly trainings for them;
- Coordinate mini-workshops on topics for students;
- Develop handouts and other instructional materials;
- Work on related projects as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in a field related to social sciences.
- Experienced writer in English language.
- Experience in teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “Writing Consultant”. Applications must be received by May 2, 2017 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution