WRITING FOR BUSINESS: IT IS DIFFERENT THAN OTHER KINDS OF WRITING
Start date: October 15, 2016
Duration: 2 weeks, 12 hours
Schedule: 2 times a week, 3 hours/week
Language of instruction: English/Armenian
Fee: AMD 40,000 (VAT inclusive)
In this workshop you will develop skills in business writing, including background in the processes of communication, business writing methods and formats, and writing for different purposes. The topics covered will include the differences between letters, memos, e-mail, and reports, and both hard copy and online correspondence. Practical and hands-on, this workshop will require students to write and present written correspondence in class.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL
- Identify and demonstrate understanding of the 7Cs of writing effective business correspondence
- Create effective formats for business correspondence
- Prepare and present 3 samples of business writing
To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the tandem machine (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Suzanne Daghlian is a writer/editor/manager with 30 years of experience in book publishing in New York City. As an Integrated Marketing Director at HarperCollins Children’s Books and with years in sales training and advertising at companies including McGraw-Hill, Prentice Hall, and Little, Brown and Co., she has written for many purposes and formats in business.