About WomEng Fellowship:
Fellowship ties in with several other WomEng programmes, the most important being the WomEng Enterprise Development (WED) programme. The WED is the newest of the WomEng programmes and was created to develop sustainable female owned businesses. Through the programme, WomEng develops, incubates and nurtures women owned businesses in the engineering sector. The WED incubates the winning business plan presented through the Technovation Challenge each year. Through Fellowship, WomEng is raising the profile of the engineering sector. WomEng Fellows are not only equipped with highly desirable scarce employability skills, but the knowledge and skills to start-up their own business. WomEng is creating diversity in the engineering industry.
Process of Selection
- Complete the application form below. The deadline for submission of completed applications is Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 18h00, SAST.
- Apply for the Unilever Bursary. Link is within this application. Highly recommended for 2nd year students to apply.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted in June 2017.
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Cape Town, accommodation, food, facilitation etc. You only have to pay for a small fee of R700 to avoid “no-shows”.
- Further details regarding the programme logistics and planning will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
- The WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top 60 Fellows to Cape Town in July 2017.