BE BOLD, WOMEN IN FINANCE. BE BOLD.
The field of finance is changing rapidly, largely in response to regulations designed to protect market practitioners and to prevent financial crises. FINCAD has long believed that deep market knowledge, transparency and trustworthiness play a critical role in making financial markets safe for all participants.
In addition, FINCAD is keenly aware that the majority of practitioners in the capital markets industry are men, and that the trend to include more women in the industry is not as rapid as it should be.
Please read these instructions in full before beginning your application:
- Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications are welcomed from female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university accredited by the national or international body approved for that purpose in the country where the university is situated. You must be enrolled and attending the program on a full-time basis during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving applicant who is enrolled in a post-graduate program with an emphasis on finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management. If your field of study does not meet that description, DO NOT APPLY.
- Applications and all supporting documents, except university transcripts must be in English.
- To submit an application you will need to follow the link below and create a user name and password.
- Remember your user name and password. This will enable you to edit and save your application before finally submitting it. If necessary, you may then log back in to continue working on the application later and then submit it.
- Once you submit your application you will no longer be able to edit it.
- The system will provide a prompt to confirm you have submitted your application. That means your application has been submitted and received by us. You will NOT receive a confirmation that we have received it by email.
- Do not attempt to contact us to confirm that we have received your application. Your account will indicate a submission has been received.
- DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION.
You will be required to attach a number of documents in the prescribed file format (jpg, pdf or gif) with the prescribed naming convention (Note: Maximum file size is 20 MB). These include:
- Your resume or CV
- Two letters of reference for the scholarship from appropriate individuals (e.g., professors or other relevant university staff, work supervisors and colleagues)
- University transcript(s) from undergraduate program(s)
- Confirmation of acceptance or enrollment in the post-graduate program for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Any authored papers (optional)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.