4 Year WIMM Prize PhD Studentships - H815025
The MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM) has fully funded 4-year Prize PhD (DPhil) studentships available to start in October 2016. These studentships are open tooutstanding students of any nationality.
Interviews will be held on the 25 and 26 January 2016. All shortlisted applicants will be invited to visit the Institute on one of these dates. This will be for the whole day and will comprise a 30 minute interview (including a 5 minute presentation on their undergraduate or MSc research project), a tour of the WIMM and meeting potential supervisors. Overseas candidate interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Participating supervisors and projects are listed below.
How to apply:
The deadline for applications 12 Noon (UK time) on Friday, 8 January 2016 . Please click here to visit the University of Oxford Graduate application pages, including the online application form.
Specific details required in the application form:
- Programme Code and Description: “001956 Medical Sciences”
- Proposed Field and Title of Research: “WIMM Prize Studentship H815025”
- Supervisor: List up to 3 Supervisors whose projects you are interested in. Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors.
- Statement of Purpose/Research Proposal: All applicants are to submit a personal statement with their application (500 words max; any statements exceeding this limit will not be considered). A research proposal is not required.
- Applying for a Departmental Scholarship: Please add here “WIMM H815025” -- IMPORTANT if also applying for the RDM Scholars Programme please also put “RDM SCHOLARS 16”. Do not make a separate application for each scholarship/studentship.
- Studentships are fully funded for 4 years and include a stipend of £18,000pa, University and College fees.
- There is no rotation in the first year.
- A CV should be uploaded which includes your final year school results and full details of your research experience.
- You will need to ensure that your referees are willing and able to write a reference for you. We must receive your references no later than the application deadline. It is your responsibility to ensure that your references are submitted on time.
- University administration requires a single credit card payment of £50 to accompany your application. Unfortunately, no other form of payment is acceptable for online applications.
Applicants must have a First Class or 2.1 degree (UK) or the equivalent degree from an overseas university (EU/overseas students can contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC) to work out the equivalency of their degree
Please contact Mrs Liz Cloke, WIMM Student Co-ordinator, email@example.com or Tel: +44 (0) 1865 222336.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: