Visegrad Grants offer funding for organizations from the Visegrad countries (V4) and worldwide fostering regional cooperation between the V4 countries and projects advancing innovativeness and sustainabilityin Central and Eastern Europe.
In the last 16 years, we have supported more than 5,000 of projects encouraging partnerships among NGOs andcivil society organizations, public institutions and local governments as well as educational and research institutions in the Visegrad region and beyond.
WHO CAN APPLY
Any legal entity (organization) worldwide is eligible to apply with a project proposal involving participation of project partners from at least 3 V4 countries. The active involvement of partners from 3 V4 countries is therefore a prerequisite for applying.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS CAN GET SUPPORT
Any original proposal can get support if it deals with V4 regional cooperation, advancement of innovativeness and sustainability in Central and Eastern Europe in one of our seven focus areas:
- Culture and common identity
- Education and capacity building
- Innovation, R&D, entrepreneurship
- Democratic values and the media
- Public policy and institutional partnerships
- Regional development, environment and tourism
- Social development
The fund doesn’t support infrastructure and investment projects.
HOW FUNDING DECISIONS ARE MADE
Decisions are made on a quarterly basis up to 60 workdays after each deadline by the Council of Ambassadors and upon the recommendations of the selection committee headed by the fund’s Executive Director. The selection committee considers following criteria:
- compliance of the project objective with the aims of the fund
- quality, relevance and contribution of project partners
- regional relevance, originality/innovativeness and feasibility of the proposal
- impact/multiplicative effect and continuity of the project
- transparency and accuracy of the budget
- previous experience of the applicant and project relation to applicant/partners’ mission
HOW MUCH IS THE GRANT
Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the project. The average grant support for supported project in 2016 was around €20,000.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: