Virginia International University (VIU) offers a unique opportunity to acquire an excellent, multi-disciplinary education at an affordable cost by offering students access to scholarships. VIU has been attracting individuals who take their VIU experiences into their own cultures, share their knowledge with future generations, and launch successful careers. Thus, there are several different types of scholarships available based on exemplary personal skills, academic achievement, extracurricular participation, on-campus work, and residency.
The Transfer-In Scholarship is awarded to students who are transferring to Virginia International University for the first time from another college or university in the United States. This scholarship assists students who are looking for a fresh start at our university and to those who have committed to educational success throughout their lifetime. This scholarship is awarded to first time, first semester transfer-in students only.
Amount: $500 per academic year ($250 per semester)
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, students must follow these steps:
- Create an application
- Pay the application fee
- Our application fee is $ 20; for students requiring student visa processing, the fee is $100. Application fee is non-refundable.
- This fee can be paid online using a valid credit card. For applicants who are unable to pay by credit card, VIU will accept checks, money orders, and wire transfers.
- Upload necessary documents
- All of documents need to be uploaded in the application portal as .pdf files.
- Only scanned color copies of the original document will be accepted for admission purposes.
- Check your application status and make any necessary changes
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
- Regularly check your email and application portal for further updates.