Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarship
The undergraduate Academic Scholarship at UOWD covers 15% - 50% of tuition fees each semester. The scholarship does not include textbooks, excursions, accommodation, living expenses or any other costs involved in undertaking study.
Three categories of scholarship are available to undergraduate students.
- 50%* scholarship
- 25% scholarship
- 15% scholarship
Within each category, the number of scholarships awarded is limited and you must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for your application to be considered.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applications are open to students of any citizenship.
- Applications are open to new (entry level) students.
- Applicants must have achieved the minimum grades as listed in the Curriculum table below.
- Applicants must meet all of the academic and admission criteria to be admitted to the University and be intending to enrol in the relevant session for which they have applied.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants for the Adam Gilchrist Sports Award must be a current and selected representative member of a sport (individual or team) in which UOWD fields an official team and/or competes on a regular basis. These include: football, basketball (Men’s and Women’s), volleyball, table tennis and cricket. You must participate at the emirate/state, national or international level and the sport must be sanctioned, authorised and/or controlled by a representative body (an association, federation, or committee) at a state, national or international level.
In addition, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- For undergraduate applicants, a 65% academic record in secondary school results is required.
- Applicants must meet all of the academic and admission criteria to be admitted to the University of Wollongong in Dubai and be intending to enrol in the relevant semester for which they have applied.
- If successful, the applicant must become an active member of the UOWD team in the sport for which the Scholarship is awarded.
Requirements to Retain the Scholarship
Scholarships awarded to students are reviewed at the end of each semester (unless otherwise stated). In order to retain this Scholarship, undergraduate students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum grade "C" in all subjects (including Summer semester)
- Enrolment in a minimum of 3 subjects in Autumn and Spring
* In addition to the academic achievements required, Sports Scholarship recipients must have actively participated in all practice sessions and competitions for the UOWD sports team on which they are a member. Sports participation will be assessed by the Manager, Student Services. A brief report will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee at the end of the Autumn semester, and a full report will be submitted at the end of Spring semester.
Scholarship holders failing to meet the above requirements will no longer be entitled to retain their scholarship and will therefore have to pay the relevant tuition fees in order to continue their studies.
Scholarship Application Procedures
If you would like to apply for any of the UOWD Scholarships, you should submit an Application for Scholarship form, along with supporting documentation relevant to your chosen Scholarship (academic transcripts, completion certificate(s), awards, referee reports, alumni ID, as appropriate) to the Registrar’s Department. Applications must be received by the closing date (as listed below) and submitted via the Scholarship Form.
Application Closing Date
Late applications will not be considered.
28 January 2016
For further information regarding UOWD Scholarships you can:
- Contact Student Recruitment on +971 4 278 1701 or email@example.com