The postgraduate Academic Scholarship at UOWD covers 15% to 25% of tuition fees each semester. The scholarship does not include textbooks, excursions, accommodation, living expenses or any other costs involved in undertaking study.
Two categories of scholarship are available to postgraduate students.
- 25% scholarship
- 15% scholarship
Within each category, the number of scholarships awarded is limited and you must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for your application to be considered.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applications are open to students of any citizenship.
- Applications are open to new (entry level) students only who will be undertaking full time study.
- Applicants must have achieved the minimum grades as listed in the Curriculum table below.
- Applicants must meet all of the academic and admission criteria to be admitted to the University and be intending to enrol in the relevant session for which they have applied.
Requirements to Retain the Scholarship
Scholarships awarded to students are reviewed at the end of each semester (unless otherwise stated). In order to retain this Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum grade Distinction "D" in all subjects attempted
- Enrolment in a minimum of 2 subjects in Autumn and Spring
Scholarship holders failing to meet the above requirements will no longer be entitled to retain their scholarship and will therefore have to pay the relevant tuition fees in order to continue their studies.
Please refer to the Scholarship Application Procedures for further information.
Adam Gilchrist Sports Awards
This award, named after Australian cricketer and University of Wollongong ambassador, Mr Adam Gilchrist AM, is an annual title which is bestowed on two recipients, at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, in the Autumn semester (which begins in September). It offers the recipients a 50% bursary on their tution fees for the duration of their studies (subject to maintaining specified academic standards, sporting participation and enrolment crieria). The scholarships do not include textbooks, excursions, accommodation, living expenses or any other costs involved in undertaking study.ա
Scholarship Application Procedures
If you would like to apply for any of the UOWD Scholarships, you should submit an Application for Scholarship form, along with supporting documentation relevant to your chosen Scholarship (academic transcripts, completion certificate(s), awards, referee reports, alumni ID, as appropriate) to the Registrar’s Department. Applications must be received by the closing date (as listed below) for current students and submitted via the Scholarship Form.
Application Closing Date
Late applications will not be considered.
27 August 2015
For further information regarding UOWD Scholarships you can
- Contact Student Admissions on +9714 278 1800 or email@example.com