Scholarship Program for Young Academics
The Scholarship Program for Young Academics was started in 2003 and is addressed to candidates from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Central Asia and the Caucasus. The scholarships are intended for the realization of academic training in the form of year-long individual supplementary studies.
Applicants are usually PhD holders, young lecturers or university graduates who wish to continue their studies after returning home. The scholarship enables them to bring back the knowledge they have gained and spread it in their home country. Scholarship recipients receive academic supervision from specialists in their chosen subject of interest. Academic supervisors also later act as promoters for scholarship recipients when they write their final papers.
Each year, 70 scholarship students take part. They are young humanities students that improve their qualifications during a 9-month apprenticeship at any one of the best schools of higher education in Poland. Since its inception, over 500 individuals have taken part in the program.
1. Completed higher degree (4- or 5-year studies, ended with a thesis and diploma), primarily in the humanities: history, international relations, political science, journalism, sociology, ethnology, cultural studies, social psychology, administration and management, law or similar fields.
2. Age of candidates – below 35.
3. General orientation in issues in one of the above-mentioned areas or related fields, especially in relation to the period of the 19th – 21st century.
4. Knowledge of the Polish language, guaranteeing the understanding of lectures in the field of the candidate and the use of literature on the subject.
5. In exceptional cases, it will be possible to qualify those who do not speak Polish. Such scholarship holders will, however, be required to learn the language themselves after receiving notification of qualification and will undertake an additional intensive Polish language course in August 2019.
6. Applications of candidates studying or taking up any type of internships, scholarships in Poland, will not be considered.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: