Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship
The Te Piringa – Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship will be awarded annually to encourage meritorious students to participate in Te Piringa – Faculty of Law Master of Laws programme.
Value: Up to $5,000
Study Level: Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
Subject Area: Law
Closing Date: 01 Aug 2017
- Candidates must be eligible for admission and be enrolling full- or part-time in a Master of Laws at Te Piringa - Faculty of Law at the University of Waikato in the year of tenure.
- The Scholarship is open to domestic and international students.
- Employees of the University of Waikato are not eligible to apply for this award.
- The Scholarship will have a value of up to $5,000 in any given year and may be divided between multiple recipients.
- The Scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s tuition fees upon confirmation that the candidate is fully enrolled in an approved programme of study.
- The closing date for applications is 1 August.
- Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
a) a one page statement setting out their reasons for applying to study in Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Graduate programme, including any personal circumstances that they would like to bring to the attention of the Selection Panel;
b) a one page summary of their income sources and employment, including any other Scholarships that applicants may hold or scholarship applications that are in progress; and,
c) an academic reference.
- International students enrolling at the University of Waikato for the first time must provide a verified copy of their qualifying academic transcripts and include a grading scale where possible.
- The Scholarship will be offered primarily on the basis of academic merit.
- Personal and financial circumstances may also be taken in to account.
- Assessment of academic merit will focus primarily on the applicant’s most recent 240 points of study i.e. the equivalent of two years’ full-time enrolment.
- The Scholarship may be held together with any bursary, prize or student allowance, unless the conditions of the other award preclude this.
- Should a recipient also hold another fees scholarship, Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship can be used to pay the balance of any fees (up to the maximum awarded); however, the scholar will forgo any amount of the Scholarship not credited to their fees.
- The University may from time to time vary these regulations.
- By accepting an Award, the recipient agrees to participate in any publicity concerning the scholarship arranged by the University of Waikato.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: