Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship
The Te Piringa – Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship will be awarded annually to encourage meritorious students to participate in Te Piringa – Faculty of Law Master of Laws programme.
Value: Up to $5,000
Study Level: Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
Subject Area: Law
Closing Date: 01 Aug 2017
- Candidates must be eligible for admission and be enrolling full- or part-time in a Master of Laws at Te Piringa - Faculty of Law at the University of Waikato in the year of tenure.
- The Scholarship is open to domestic and international students.
- Employees of the University of Waikato are not eligible to apply for this award.
- The Scholarship will have a value of up to $5,000 in any given year and may be divided between multiple recipients.
- The Scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s tuition fees upon confirmation that the candidate is fully enrolled in an approved programme of study.
- The Scholarship will be offered primarily on the basis of academic merit.
- Personal and financial circumstances may also be taken in to account.
- Assessment of academic merit will focus primarily on the applicant’s most recent 240 points of study i.e. the equivalent of two years’ full-time enrolment.
- The Scholarship may be held together with any bursary, prize or student allowance, unless the conditions of the other award preclude this.
- Should a recipient also hold another fees scholarship, Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Graduate Scholarship can be used to pay the balance of any fees (up to the maximum awarded); however, the scholar will forgo any amount of the Scholarship not credited to their fees.
- The University may from time to time vary these regulations.
- By accepting an Award, the recipient agrees to participate in any publicity concerning the scholarship arranged by the University of Waikato.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.