University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Christian Philosophy
The department of Christian Philosophy of the Faculty of Catholic Theology is looking for a University assistant (prae-doc) for the research focus on cross-cultural philosophy of religion. The research focus should strengthen the dialogue with the philosophies of religion in East Asia in addition to the philosophical analysis of the Abrahamic religions.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- MA in philosophy with a focus on cross-cultural orientated philosophy of religion
- Knowledge in Christian philosophy
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Very good command of German
- Good command of English
- Good command of an Asian language (Chinese or Japanese)
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.