The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). For more information about scholarships available for ITC Master's programmes, please visit the faculty's website.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
31 March 2016
UTS APPLICATION ROUNDS
Application round 1: Closed
Application round 2: Open for application
Please note: You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship. If you have been awarded with a UT scholarship in the first round, you cannot receive additional funding in the second round.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in September 2016;
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes before 15 March 2016;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
• You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2016 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2016 at the latest.