General Information of Admission
Application period November 5th, 2015 - 23:59 March 10th, 2016 (JST)
To be eligible for applying to WB/ADB scholarships, you must fulfill the requirements listed in Parts I and II.
Applicants who are not eligible for PEPP and wish to pursue the Course in Economic Policy may apply for admission to: Course in Economic Policy: Non WB/ADB Scholarship. (The next recruitment will start in June-August 2016, for enrollment in October 2017.)
To apply to PEPP, applicant must
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is useful and, in the case of the Course in Economics Policy, highly recommended.
- Note: Those applicants who have completed their university education in countries where formal schooling lasts less than 16 years, who are at least 22 years old, and who have spent at least one year in a research or similar institution, may qualify to apply by filling out and submitting the provided form (Certificate of Research Activities).
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication skills by submitting either of the following:
|Score of standardized test such as IELTS / TOEFL / TOEIC||Other evidence such as a letter from the university or current working place, as deemed appropriate by the Graduate School|
- • Demonstrate verbal and quantitative skills by submitting either of the followings:
|Score of standardized test such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)||Other evidence such as a letter from the university or current working place, as deemed appropriate by the Graduate School.|
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
Check if you meet criteria by scholarship. Only applicants who fulfill eligibility requirements of both scholarships can apply to both JJ/WBGSP and ADB-JSP.
i) To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholaship, applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing eligible developing country and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before June 3rd 2016.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016 unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
- Have, by the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016, at least three (3) years of recent full time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) by June 3rd, 2016.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned.
- Admitted to the University unconditionally only upon securing financing.
More information about JJ/WBGSP
To apply for an ADB-JSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be no more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be Executive Director, Alternate Director, management and staff of ADB, consultant, or relative of the aforementioned.
- Not be a staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not live or work in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
More information about ADB-JSP:
How to Apply?
1. Check if you meet all application requirements above.
3. Go to our Online Application System to start application process.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: