The PhD Program enrolls most new students in the first semester, starting in August. There is no part-time or weekend option in the PhD Program. Applications can be submitted to the Ph.D. program office "no later than May 16, especially if applicants are applying for scholarships". International applicants are encouraged to submit their information earlier.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with GPA at least 3.25 on the 4.00 scale.
- Applicants must pass the interview in accordance with the regulations of University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce.
- Applicants must have an official result of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other equivalent standardized test scores e.g., TOEIC, IELTS, CU TEP, UTCC BEST, UTCC Advanced BEST.
- Applicants must follow the study plan according to the interview committees’ recommendation, which may require applicants to take additional courses.
- If an applicant’s qualifications do not meet the above requirements, the application may be reviewed and approved by the University’s Committee of the Graduate Studies.
- A completed application form [download here].
- Two official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- TOEFL score or an equivalent English test.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Three passport-size photos.
- A photocopy of identification card/passport.
– Tuition fee 81 credits = 405,000 Baht
– Academic fee 8 semesters = 64,000 Baht
– Accidental insurance 4 years = 800 Baht
Total expense is 469,800 Baht.
2. A student with a master's degree.
– Tuition fee 63 credits = 315,000 Baht
– Academic fee 6 semesters = 48,000 Baht
– Accidental insurance 3 years = 600 Baht
Total expense is 363,600 Baht.
Financial AidScholarships for Students Enrolled in PhD Program in Economics
1. UTCC Graduate Scholarships will be granted to a limited number of well-qualified applicants. During the three years as scholarship recipients, students will be exempted from tuition and annual university fees. They will also receive a stipend of 8,000 per month. All awards carry some form of work obligation from the second year onward.
2. The Royal Golden Jubilee Ph.D. Scholarship Program by the Thailand Research Fund aims to increase the number of researchers with doctorate degrees in order to strengthen the country’s research system and simultaneously enhance the country’s capacity to compete at international levels. The scholarship includes tuition fees, annual university fees, monthly expenses, transportation expenses, research work, and research presentation abroad. Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Applicants with Bachelor Degrees must graduate with honors and/or must be among the first 10% of the class.
- Applicants with Master Degrees must have their research paper published or presented at academic conferences accredited by the Thailand Research Fund. Their academic achievements at both undergraduate and graduate levels must be considered as good as and relevant to the Graduate Program in Economics (International Program).
- Applicants must have Thai nationality, aged not over 40, and be able to study and do their research on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must also possess other qualifications as required by the Thailand Research Fund.
3. Thai Capital Market Research Grants for Graduate Students given by The Stock Exchange of Thailand and University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce aims to support and promote more research work and dissertations on Thailand capital market.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: