UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Postgraduate Scholarship
Open to Master of Local Government applicants
The UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (UTS:IPPG) Postgraduate Scholarship was designed to support local government professionals seeking to broaden their knowledge and skills through postgraduate study, and to recognise the diverse pathways to a local government career. The Scholarship aims to attract highly motivated and driven postgraduate students to the UTS Master of Local Government program. The Scholarship offers local government students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The maximum value of this scholarship is $5,000 for each Recipient. There are no restrictions on how Recipients choose to use the Scholarship money.
Usually two (2) new Recipients will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The duration of the Scholarship is usually one year for full-time students and two (or more) years for part-time students.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Must have submitted an application and met the entry requirements for admission to the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Local Government degree by coursework degree; and
- Must be commencing the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Local Government program; and
- Must not have completed any study under any other postgraduate courses within the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance; and
- Intend to enrol into a minimum of 12 credit points/session in the session immediately following the Scholarship selection; and
- All candidates must apply using the online UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible (see below).
Applications of eligible candidates will be presented to the UTS:IPPG Scholarship Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of Recipient, usually in March each year for the Autumn intake and June/July each year for the Spring intake.
Recipient selection criteria:
- Motivation to succeed in the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Local Government coursework degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Interest in and passion for local government and public service, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
How to apply
- Please note that Scholarship applicants must first submit an application for the UTS Master of Local Government to be considered for the Scholarship. To apply for the Master course, please request an application form from the Institute at email@example.com or on +61 2 9514 1659. Applications for the Master of Local Government close on 31 January 2017. Applications received after this date will be considered case-by-case.
- Once you have submitted your application for the Master course, you can proceed to apply for the Scholarship. Applications open on 16 January 2017 and close on 6 March 2017 for the Autumn session. Spring dates to be confirmed.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: