Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
- Module 1 is composed of activities meant to introduce as well as give a first-hand experience about recent trends in educational technology. The topics include: Learning analytics, Augmented reality, Virtual reality, Robotics, and other ICT trends related to online education (e.g. MOOCs, screencasts, webinars and streaming).
- Module 2 is devoted to introducing ideas coming from educational research. The topics include: Digital pedagogy, Collaborative learning, Tinkering and creative re-use.
- Module 3 will focus on encouraging students to develop a more nuanced/complex view on educational technology. This module will include an introduction to Critical Educational technology as well as conversations meant to identify the main critical issues that applicants have encountered in their own teaching/learning practice.
In addition to in-class activities, the summer programme will be completed by a number of on-site visits to different educational institutions (e.g. school, university, edTech startup). The visits will provide the opportunity for the students to see how educational technology is incorporated in concrete educational settings.
Admission to Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
- Online application form
- Video clip (max 5 min)
- Transcript of academic records
- Copy of the passport
PS: Only complete applications including all annexes submitted by the deadline will be considered for selection.
Applications are evaluated based on
Video clip (max 5 min)
The video clip is the opportunity for the applicant to provide an overall explanation as to why she/he wants to be part of the summer programme. The applicants can use the following questions:
- What are the major challenges that education is currently facing? What is the role of educational technology in addressing those challenges?
- What is the role that technology actually has in the applicant’s teaching practice?
- How can participation in the summer programme contribute to the applicant’s professional development?
- teacher training students with practical classroom teaching experience;
- in-service teachers and pre-service teachers with practical classroom experience;
- lecturers (of teacher training);
- professional trainers and pedagogues: museum and science centre educators, etc.
- other students or practitioners belonging to other disciplinary backgrounds who are interested in technology and education.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: