University of Sussex MFM Doctoral International Research Scholarship
The School of Media, Film and Music (MFM) at the University of Sussex is pleased to invite applications to study for a PhD. We offer expert supervision in the following areas:
- Creative and Critical Practice
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies (Humanities)
- Media and Cultural Studies (including Digital Media and Journalism Studies)
- Music/Musical Composition/Music Theatre
Successful international applicants to MFM will be eligible to compete for this scholarship, which covers the international fees for a 3 year full-time PhD course.
MFM has an outstanding record in research, and is currently home to over 90 research students who contribute actively to our lively interdisciplinary research culture.
- For more information about the School, its Research Centres, our faculty and their research interests, please visit: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mfm/
- You can also find more information about doctoral research at Sussex via our Doctoral School website: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/doctoralschool/
- For information about how to apply, see:http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2016/research
- or get in touch with the School's Director of Doctoral Studies, Prof. Kate Lacey, who is happy to answer any questions about our doctoral programmes and the application process: email@example.com
The deadline for applications to go forward for consideration for the scholarship (including all supporting information such as references, etc.) is 4th April 2016. You are encouraged to contact the School as soon as possible to start the application process (NB. this deadline only applies if you are want to be considered for the scholarship).
covers the international fees for a 3 year full-time PhD course.
1) International fee paying students from any discipline can apply.
2) Applicants will need to have received an offer from one of the PhD courses named above by 29th April 2016.
3) Applicants must commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the Spring term in January 2017.
4) Applicants will be expected to hold, by January 2017, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and a Masters degree graded at merit or above (or professional equivalent).
5) Applicants must meet or ideally exceed the University's English Language Requirements as set out in the postgraduate prospectus.
1) To apply, use the Sussex University on-line admissions at:
2) You must state in the "Other Information" section of the on-line admissions system that you are applying for the MFM International Research Scholarship (or email Jaime Huxtable (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you already have an offer to indicate your desire to be considered for the scholarship).
3) An internal panel of subject specialists will judge the applications according to academic merit (academic record, quality of research proposal, fit of supervisory expertise)
4th April 2016 - Deadline for completed applications
29th April 2016 - List of applicants holding offers to be sent to Panel for consideration
1st June 2016 - Deadline for applicants to be informed of the outcome
Successful international scholars will be expected to support the University's international strategy. This could include supporting international partnership development, promotional or ambassadorial activities, up to a maximum of 6 paid hours per week and not exceeding 180 hours in any one academic year.
Queries should be directed to:
Prof. Kate Lacey
Director of Doctoral Studies
School of Media, Film and Music
University of Sussex
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: